3 - Day Camps
All camps are three days long (Tues/Wed/Thurs). Families may choose to participate in one or multiple camps per day!
Week of July 13, 14, 15
Morning Sessions: 9am – 12pm
• Ages 3-6: Creative Arts and Movement Camp – Draw, Paint, Dance, Sing, Create! This camp will ignite all of the creative senses. Children will travel through many different experiences throughout the day including story time, creative play, structured classes, and creative making!
• Ages 6-9 and 9-12: Hip Hop Boot Camp – All things HIP HOP DANCE! Spend three days immersed in this fun and upbeat dance form. Learn new techniques, tricks, and dances. Campers will make their own music videos. Perfect your skill and style!!
• Ages 13-19: VOICES ON: A Return to In-person Singing! Choir Kid Bootcamp – Participating students will have the opportunity to study and sing multiple pieces of music, train their musician's ear, and develop a deeper understanding and ownership of what it means to make music. Though previous experience is suggested, students will review fundamental concepts through experience and individual instruction. Students can expect to strengthen their skills in improvisation, intonation, audiation, sight singing, and even music creation.
Afternoon Sessions: 12:30pm – 3:30pm
• Ages 6-9 and 9-12: Broadway Camp: The American Musical – Students will immerse into the world of BROADWAY where they will study various Broadway shows and learn music and choreography from select titles. Students will present a small performance at the end of the camp.
• Ages 13-19: Theatre Arts Camp – Everything but Acting! Go behind the scenes into the magical world of production design! This camp is jam-packed with cool experiences including costume design, set design, scenic painting, properties, stage management, sound and lighting, and production management. Immerse into the world behind the curtain!
Evening Sessions: 4pm – 7pm
• Ages 9-12: Dance Intensive Camp – Students will immerse themselves in various dance techniques during this three-day intensive. Ballet, Modern, Jazz, Tap, Contemporary, and Musical Theatre Dance will be explored. Dancers will take class with resident and guest faculty members in a progressive, professional and supportive environment.
• Ages 13-19: Ballet and Modern Dance Camp – Spend three evenings fully immersed in Classical Ballet and Modern Dance Concepts. Students will engage, Classically, with intricate barre work, progressions and repertoire as they refine technique, endurance, musicality, and aesthetic. Modern dance experiences will consist of technical and improvisational explorations and choreographic development.
Week of July 20, 21, 22
Morning Sessions: 9am – 12pm
• Ages 3-6: Fancy Nancy Camp – This camp is all things FANCY and all things FUN! Dance, Art, Sing, Story time, Costume making, and Creative Play! Your little one will have the time of their life in this delightfully fabulous, super creative and fantastically fancy camp!!
• Ages 6-9: Budding Ballerina’s Camp – The world of Ballet comes to life for your little dancer! For three days dancers will learn and enhance classical ballet technique, explore various famous ballets and learn repertoire from The Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Swan Lake. Students will learn about many professional dancers and make their own tutus!
• Ages 9-12: Creative Writing Camp – For the budding author! Students will delve into the amazing world of their own imagination as they develop their writing talent through poetry and fiction. Students will develop and illuminate their own book collection of their works. The camp will also explore lettering and beginning illustration concepts.
Afternoon Sessions: 12:30pm – 3:30pm
• Ages 9-12: Lion King Camp – Mask Making, Puppetry, Movement, and Character Development. The Lion King camp will use influence from the Broadway Show to develop, build, and utilize masks, puppets, and movement to bring everyone’s favorite characters to life! Kids will get messy and creative in this hands-on and energetic camp!
• Ages 6-9: Dance Intensive Camp – Students will immerse themselves in various dance techniques during this three-day intensive. Ballet, Modern, Jazz, Tap, Contemporary, and Musical Theatre Dance will be explored. Dancers will take class with resident and guest faculty members in a progressive, professional and supportive environment.
• Ages 13-19: Teen Creative Arts Camp – Draw, paint, write, create, collaborate, and explore! Let your inner artist shine! Refine techniques, gain insight on your work, develop a portfolio, immerse into your own creative process development and conceptual thought. Work with faculty and fellow students to challenge your comfort levels expand your creative tendencies and vocabulary.
Evening Sessions: 4pm – 7pm
• Ages 13-19: Tap and Jazz Camp – Students will explore a variety of jazz dance styles and methods, as well as engage with contemporary dance techniques and choreography. The classes will include clinics to enhance technical skill and repertoire that enhances personal style and execution level. Tap classes are fun, upbeat and intensive experience that focus on speed, articulation, authenticity of sound, performance skill, and musicality. This camp will be energetic, upbeat, fast-paced, and exhilarating.
Creative Maker's Week
Young Artists will blossom! A week filled of making, collaborating, and letting all creative juices flow!!
Dancers, Musicians, Visual Artists, Actors, Writers, and anyone who loves being Creative!
July 27, 28, 29 - 10am - 2pm • Ages 9-12 / 13-15 / 15-19
Our intensive Creative Maker's Week is a space for young creative minds to flourish and evolve! Artists will work through a series of creative prompts, collaborative and independent projects, inspiring workshops, and artist talks. Artists will find inspiration from nature, each other, resident artists, group discussions, and through analyzing professional and grassroots artist works. Students will create art work from an interdisciplinary approach utilizing dance, visual arts, music, creative writing, devised theatre, literature and more. The Creative Maker's Week will take place at The Complex and Roseland Park in Woodstock, CT
4 - Week Classes
August 3-25, 2021 - Dance • Visual Art • Playwriting • Acting
Little Learners age 3-4
• Pre-School Creative Movement Tuesdays 4:00-4:45pm - FUN, FUN, FUN! Little ones will love this supportive class that encourages movement through imagery, story, and imagination. Children will learn the basic foundations of Classical Ballet, as well as, develop personal voice with creative movement activities
Rising Stars age 5-6
• Pre-Ballet / Movement Exploration Tuesdays 4:00-5:00pm - Rising Stars classes aid in the development of gross motor skills, movement creativity, fitness, and body awareness. Our Rising Stars Classes blend educational concepts in a developmentally designed curriculum that places special emphasis on building self-confidence and self-esteem. Students will gain foundational awareness of Ballet Technique and Modern Concepts of Movement.
Youth age 7-9
• Acting and Music Tuesdays 4:00-5:00pm - Students will explore acting methods, stage presence, character development, improvisation, and imaginative play in a safe and supportive environment. Students build self-confidence and awareness through a series of exercises, games, and collaborations. Junior level theatre classes allow students to holistically engage the mind and body, while making connections to theory and improvisational impulse.
• Dance Combo Tuesdays 5:05-7:00pm - The Dance Combo class includes instruction and exploration in Classical Ballet, Tap, Jazz/Contemporary, and Modern Dance. Our comprehensive curriculum is designed to ensure the proper development of young bodies. Under our professional faculty, students enhance coordination, creativity, teamwork, task-mastering, confidence, and learning skills. Explore rhythms, movement concepts and elementary technical concepts.
Junior ages 9-12
• Music/Acting Tuesdays 4:00-5:00 - Students will explore acting methods, stage presence, character development, improvisation, and imaginative play in a safe and supportive environment. Students build self-confidence and awareness through a series of exercises, games, and collaborations. Junior level theatre classes allow students to holistically engage the mind and body, while making connections to theory and improvisational impulse.
• Dance Combo Tuesdays 5:05-7:00pm - The Dance Combo class includes instruction and exploration in Classical Ballet, Tap, Jazz/Contemporary, and Modern Dance. Careful attention is paid to young, developing bodies at this level. Authentic movement techniques are richly explored allowing students the space to build mastery of technique. Dancers will be exposed to a comprehensive curriculum that affords them the most beneficial tools for advancement. Classes will also focus on movement development, performance skills, coordination, and choreography.
• Visual Art Exploration Wednesdays 4:00-5:00 - Students will explore and engage with various methods of painting, drawing,3-dimensional art and creative writing. Students will develop technical skill level through in-class exercises and lessons, while enhancing personal, creative voice through projects and collaborative explorations.
• Playwriting and Directing Wednesdays 5:05-6:05 - Students will learn the foundations of creative writing and play structure. Members of the class will devise work in a collaborative setting / share / gain feedback and inspiration / workshop ideas and concepts / plays will be performed at a later date by students and community of The Complex
Teen age 12-15 / Senior age 15-19
• Digital Photography and Design Tuesdays 4:00-5:20pm - Bring your photography and design skills to the next level in this exploratory class. An introduction and overview in photography subjects such as: Portrait and candid photography, landscape, macro, abstract, black & white, fashion photography, food photography, minimalist photography, and still life photography. Build and enhance your compositional design and layout strengths and usage.
• Playwriting Tuesdays 5:20-6:20pm - Members of the class will devise work in a collaborative setting / share / gain feedback and inspiration / workshop ideas and concepts / plays will be performed at a later date by students and community of The Complex
• Acting Class Tuesdays 6:25-7:25pm - Students will explore acting methods, stage presence, character development, improvisation, directing, and stage management. Students build self-confidence, awareness and personal voice through a series of exercises, explorations, and collaborations. Students will unpack their own philosophies of self to allow a strong personal foundation to work from.
• Ballet Wednesdays 4:00-5:00pm - Students will enhance their basic technical foundation into a rich classical practice. Students will experience intricate barre work, pre-pointe/pointe work, center practice, progressions, and classical variations. Students will make the theoretical connections from training to performances and develop a strong balletic aesthetic and facility. Students will be placed at appropriate level.
• Modern / Contemporary Dance Wednesdays 5:05-6:05pm - This class will begin with Modern Dance warm-up and technical refinement work to align, center and prepare the body for executing contemporary choreography. Students will be placed at appropriate level.
• Tap Dance Wednesdays 6:10-7:10pm - Tap is a percussive form of dance utilizing time, weight, coordination, speed, and rhythm. Students will gain an awareness of tap dance; its origins, impact, and evolution. The class will consist of learning technical tap dance steps, counting systems, body placement, and rudiments. Students will also polish their own unique styles and finesse. Students will be placed at appropriate level.
Private Music Lessons
Guitar • Voice • Ukulele • Piano • Bass
July 5th - August 30th - 6 lessons - $210 • 8 lessons - $256
Ages 6 - Adult
Music Lessons at The Complex are taught by experienced musicians that specialize in their chosen instruments. Our professional faculty of music educators will ensure proper technical training and creative development for the highest level of success and personal achievement. The Complex staff are encouraging, inspirational, and motivational. Students meet individually with their instructor during their reserved, weekly time slot. Students have the opportunity to work in an inspiring community of artists and students, allowing them to flourish as creative individuals and musicians.
Summer 2021 Tuition
•3-Day Camps: July
1 camp $165, 2 camps $280, 3 camps $350, 4 camps $400, 5 camps $450, 6 Camps $500
•Creative Maker's Camp: July 27, 28, 29
$180 • 10% discount if enrolling in an additional 3-Day Camp
• 4-Week Classes August 3 - 25
Choose the weeks you can attend: $20 per single class.
Discount - Sign up for all 4 weeks (Total tuition for ALL 4 weeks):$65 for 1 class a week, $117 for 2 classes, $165 for 3 classes, $216 for 4 classes
• Camp and Class Package:
Receive 10% off Class Tuition if enrolling in camps and classes
Receive 20% off TOTAL TUITION if enrolling in more than 2 camps and more than two classes
• Private Music Lessons:
July 5th - August 30th - 6 lessons - $210 • 8 lessons - $276